|Custom Steel Building
Build and Buy Online!
Labels on wall insulation rolls indicate the length as well as the number of pieces that need to be cut from each roll. We recommend that all rolls be cut from a clean location to avoid staining the insulation facing.
1) Cut the dimensions of the insulation from the base angle to eave strut or rake plus 6"-12" extra.
2) Attach one end of the insulation to the base angle using double-faced tape.
3) Pull from the other end to stretch the insulation tightly outside the girts to the eave or rake, and attach with double-faced tape.
4) Make sure the facing is toward the interior of the building and attach the panel to the structure.
5) Install the next roll in the same manner, with edges butted snugly. Then fasten the tabs using one of the methods described.
Maybe you have already purchased a small backyard storage unit. If so, you have more than likely discovered that it offers inadequate space. A custom designed metal building can still easily fit in your backyard and provide you with the space you need.
Steel buildings can be designed to your specifications; these buildings are complement to your home. Youngsters appreciate the extra space to play, practice, or hang out with their friends. If you are in need of extra space but can't afford pricey construction work, a pre-engineered metal building is the way to go.
Recommended Installation Methods of Insulation
Roof insulation rolls are cut to lengths that will cover the distance from eave to eave, leaving a one-foot overhang on each side of the building.
1) Start at the end of the building and temporarily secure one end of the roll by attaching the insulation to the eave strut with double-faced tape.
2) Pull the insulation across the purlins with the vapor barrier toward the building interior. Double-faced tape attached to the opposite end of the insulation will keep tension on the roof roll while the metal panels are being attached over the insulation.
3) Install the next roll in the same manner, making sure the rolls are stretched tight, aligned properly and closely butted.
4) Fasten tabs using one of the methods described on the following page. Any rips or tears must be covered with matching facing tape to ensure a tight vapor seal.
5) Trim excess insulation flush to prevent it from acting as a wick and moving water into the building.
Proper Ventilation of a Building
Proper ventilation in a building can be an effective measure for condensation control. The end use of the building must be the controlling ventilation design parameter, especially above drop ceiling areas. Ventilation system design should be done at the initial building design stage. Use of a design professional is strongly recommended to assure the best possible system.
CONDENSATION CAN BE MINIMIZED THROUGH CONSIDERATION OF CLIMATE, RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND THICKNESS OF INSULATION.
One of the most popular options available for metal buildings is a skylight. High quality translucent panels are an available option to any building. Skylights allow a great deal of light into a building. An adequate number of skylights will provide enough illumination for daytime work in a building, without the need for additional lighting. A standard configuration is to put two skylights per bay. Thank you for visiting Custom Steel Building. We provide the best service and prices when shopping for metal buildings or steel buildings.